IOCL 1968 Apprentice Recruitment 2021
Official notification click here
1. No. of seats indicated above is tentative and may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute
discretion of the management and in compliance with the Presidential Directives on reservation at the time of
2. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates for filling up the seats against code 110 or 111, the same
shall be filled by suitable candidates from code 111 or 110, as the case may be, as per selection criteria and
3. For PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) category, Govt of India Guidelines shall apply. Candidates
belonging to PwBD categories can apply against identified seats under Codes 102, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109,
110 & 111 only.
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 - Section 2(r) defines “person with benchmark disability” as a person duly
certified by the certifying authority with:
not less than 40% of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and
a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms.
The candidates are required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by competent authority as per the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities Rules, 2017, failing which their candidature as PwBD candidates will not be considered. Persons with
Benchmark Disabilities must be capable of performing the task assigned to them/take instructions using suitable aids and
appliances. Engagement of apprentices belonging to PwBD category will be from categories below:
1. PV-Low vision, Blind P=Physical; V=Vision; H=Hearing;
2. PH-Hard of hearing, Deaf
3. PL-Musculoskeletal (OH-OA/OL), Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victim, Cerebral
Palsy, Leprosy Cured
4. Multiple Disabilities (a combination of above)
Deployment of PwBD with other disabilities, may put such PwBDs at risk, considering ours being a hazardous industry, hence not
A. Qualification criteria:
1. The prescribed qualification for Class XII / Graduate / Diploma holders should be from a recognized Board/
University/Institute as a regular full time course in the relevant trade/discipline with minimum 50% marks (45%
for SC/ST and PwBD category candidates for the seats reserved for them) in aggregate.
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Class XII/ ITI (Fitter)/Degree/Diploma examinations, its
equivalent aggregate percentage of marks must be indicated in the On-line Application as per the norms adopted
by Board/University/Institute. Candidates will have to furnish certificate from the concerned University/Institute
regarding the equivalent aggregate percentage of marks with reference to their CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade at the
time of document verification failing which their candidature will not be considered.
2. For ITI qualification in the relevant trade, eligibility shall be pass marks. Only regular full time ITI course
recognised by NCVT/SCVT shall be considered.
3. Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in Branch / Subjects as specified against respective Trade/ Discipline above will ONLY
be considered as eligible qualification. Diploma / Graduation/ ITI in other than specified Branch / Subjects shall
not be considered.
4. No Claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained.
5. Under Code 110, “Fresher apprentice” will be considered. “Fresher apprentice” means a non-graduate apprentice,
who has not undergone any institutional training or skill training, before taking up on-the-job training or practical
training under the Apprentices Act, 1961.
6. Under Code 111, Skill Certificate Holders will be considered. Candidates applying against Code 111 with Skill
Certificate in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ should possess skill certificate for training of less than one year
issued by an awarding body recognised under National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority
recognised by the Central Govt. in this regard.
7. Candidates possessing Diploma in Engineering in relevant trade / discipline under recognized lateral entry
scheme (Class–XII (Sc.)/ ITI admitted in 2nd year of Diploma course) shall also be considered eligible subject to
meeting prescribed percentage of marks on the basis of aggregate of all semesters in the diploma course.
8. Candidates holding a qualification acquired through part-time/correspondence/distance education mode are not
9. Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as BE/B.Tech, MBA, CA, LLB, MCA or any such
equivalent qualification or pursuing higher qualification and having completed the same on or before joinin
Apply online click here